I have been a fan of Einstein. But I never knew he had left us a puzzle that was so interesting. I am not sure if this is a real Einstein creation but it definitely got a touch of a genius. I enjoyed each moment of solving the problem.
People claim only 2% of world’s population is capable of solving this puzzle.
So I took that as a challenge. You see being a Aries you simply cant bear to be outside the elite.
Here is the riddle.
1. In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.
2. In each house lives a person of different nationality
3. These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.
I dare you - Albert Einstein
THE QUESTION: WHO OWNS THE FISH?
1. The Brit lives in a red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.
Solving the puzzle will give you a feeling of victory like never before. LOL
Initially it looked like I would blow up my mind. Then I took a mathematical approach. You cant simple solve the damn thing just by staring at the clues. Get your pencil and notepad.
Use a tabular layout like cross words puzzles and fill in empty cells with clues one by one.
give it your best shot…if you need help I have a step by step approach how to do it.
It took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to do this. Including creating that chart in photoshop and putting up this blog post. Cheers.
- 1,1 is Norwegian (ref9)
- 2,2 is Blue (ref14)
- 3,4 is milk (ref 8)
- 4,2 and 5,2 and green and white (ref4)
- 4,4 is coffee (ref5)
- 1,2 is yellow and 3,1 is Brit and 3,2 is red (ref1)
- 1,5 is Dunhill (ref7)
- 2,3 is horses (ref 11)
- 2,5 is Blends and 1,4 is water (ref15)
- 5,4 is beer and 5,5 is blue master (ref 12 ) and no available combinations
- Either 4,1 or 5,1 is sweede then either of 1,3 or 3,3 is cats then either of 4,3 or 5,3 is dogs(ref 10,2)
- Either of 2,1 or 5,1 is dane (ref 3)
- So 2,1 is Dane (ref 3)
- 4,1 is German and 5,1 is Swede (ref 13)
- 3,5 is Pall Mall as no other choice remains
- 3,3 is birds (ref 6)
- 5,3 is Dogs (previous analysis and Ref 2)
- 1,3 is cats (from previous analysis and ref 10)
- Leaves us with Fish for the German – I should have guessed that ..given their affinity for Submarines lol. Took me 1 hours and 10 mins
Final Table with Einstein’s Puzzle Solved
More posts you might be interested in: