Beard health is equally needed as much as hair health. Many men today follow the trend of keeping a healthy beard. Be it a college lad or a corporate CEO, beards are a fashion trend that is hard to miss. So this blog will delve deeper into the subject of beard care. For the record, most men are not aware that there are products to specifically care for a beard. Finally, we conclude whether beard care products actually help increase beard growth.
Once there is fashion trend the market
gets flooded with products supporting that trend. But how many of them are
actually useful is a matter of debate and scientific research. Let’s take a
look at the beard products available in market today.
What are the products available for beard care?
- Beard oil
- Beard wax
- Beard Balm
- Beard Conditioner
- Beard comb
Most experts in the field of men’s grooming advise that using too much chemical infused products is not good for the beard. Using styling products like beard wax or beard gel, once a while surely does no harm but on a regular basis, they can cause serious damage. They can make beard fizzy and dry.
However, the only product that can do the work of all other products combined is least damaging to beard health is beard oil. Waxes, Balms, Shampoos & conditioners never helped actual growth of hair. Your hair grows at the pace that your body is encoded to produce facial hair. Irrespective of the beard product you use hair growth has not been increased under any scientific study. On the contrary, these chemical based products may actually damage your face and facial hair.
However, beard oil is a different league in itself. If one has proper knowledge of natural oils and their health benefits they can use them for promoting hair growth. Even if there is no research to prove if they actually promote hair growth there is clinical evidence that concludes that natural essential oils & carrier oils like argan oil, moringa oil, jojoba oil coconut oil, almond oil do improve conditions which lead to the following:
- Better facial skin conditions like moisturization help support hair for longer periods.
- Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory properties of some essential oils help prevent skin irritations and infections.
- Oils can improve hair volume by nourishing hair so beards look larger, shinier and healthier.
- They are known to reduce beard hair breakage due to frizziness or tangled hair or splitting hairs etc.
All thanks to the development of men’s
grooming products in the market; many types of beard oils are now available.
The only thing that is missing is enough knowledge on the subject.
men who keep a beard or want to keep a beard must keep certain things in mind:
- Beard health is equally important as any other part of the body.
- An unkempt beard can cause lice infestation and smell.
- Beard needs to be trimmed and cleaned regularly.
- Moisturizing the beard is essential otherwise it will damage the skin beneath.
More posts you might be interested in: