Here is the resolution to WordPress fatal error problems like the one you see below.
[Fatal error: Call to a member function add_global_groups() on a non-object in /path/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 144]
Have you recently upgraded your WordPress version or updated the plugins to the latest version and witnessing a fatal error on a white screen like the one above then follow the resolution process to fix it.
- Log in to your Cpanel and open file manager or just connect your FTP program.
- Navigate to your blog folder/wp-content/plugins/
- Rename each plugin folder one by one and check if the problem resolves. This is equivalent to deactivating the plugin from the WordPress dashboard.
- Once you have zeroed in on the plugin – remove it entirely.
- Log in to your dashboard and install the latest version of the same plugin again. If it causes the same problem again then probably it is not compatible with your theme.
In my case, it was the W3 Total Cache plugin that caused the problem after updating. But it may not be same for you. This process of troubleshooting, however, solves the problem with Plugins all the time.